POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rejoice I say unto thee! : Re: Rejoice I say unto thee! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rejoice I say unto thee!
From: Tony[B]
Date: 3 Oct 2000 02:14:07
Message: <39d9792f@news.povray.org>
> >No! Please let us use MPEG4!!! :)
>
> Dear God, no.  Let us use something us non-borg can get a free codec for.

MPEG4 isn't OS specific. The current implementations have only been for
Windows and other popular non-*nix OSes (AFAIK), but with the OpenCodex
contest, I'm sure something good will pop up. I'm just saying for them to
let us use whatever becomes standard.

PS: I do not guarantee the correctivityness* of any of the above. It is
merely what my little, uninformed brain could chug out at 1:15AM.

*Yes, I know that's not a real word... :)